What is it?
Plastic Media is a soft abrasive made of granulated plastic which is crushed, ground, and graded. This is a non-aggressive abrasive, produced in a variety of plastic types, with the size and hardness to suit the application.
How does it work?
Plastic media blasting uses soft, reusable plastic particles at low blasting pressures for soft and thin substrates where the underlying substrate cannot be damaged.
- Will not harm the substrate: no metal warping, etching, and pitting of substrate.
- Minimal Containment: this dry, low dust, and low velocity (low rebound) process requires little protection of surrounding area.
- Environmentally Friendly: Non-toxic, 100% silica-free, and recyclable.
- Variety of uses: effective on both soft and hard substrates.
- Paint, Coatings, Light Oxidation, and Surface Rust Removal
- Auto Restoration
- Dirt and Grease Removal
- Selective Removal of Paint Layers
- Steel Components Hard Metals, and Brass
- Fiberglass, Composites, Aluminum, Plastic, and Delicate Substrates
- Surface Preparation
- Mold Remediation
- Aircraft Components