What is it?
Manufactured from lead-free, soda lime-type glass, containing no free silica, Glass Beads are available in a wide range of grades available for different jobs and profiles.
How does it work?
Fine glass beads are applied at a high pressure to remove surface deposits. The smaller the glass spheres, the smoother the surface; larger spheres produce a more textured finish.
- Non-reactant: will not interfere with coatings.
- Clean finish: leaves no residue, discoloration, or odor.
- Lightweight: creates a low profile on the surface.
- Gentle: leaves a clean surface without damaging or embedding in substrate.
- Creates a polished, matte, fine metal finish.
- For delicate substrates: thin-walled parts, thin welds, rubber, and plastic.
- Environmentally friendly: recyclable, chemically inert, non-hazardous, and non-toxic, so it can be blasted around water.
- Free from lead and silica and low dust: ability to work in confined spaces.
- Paint and Coating Removal
- Surface Preparation
- Carbon, Rust, and Corrosion Removal
- Glass Etching
- Automotive Remodeling
- Profiling Metal Surfaces With an Anchor Finish to Apply Paint and Coatings
- Calcium Deposits Removed From Pool Tiles