What is it?
Walnut Shell Abrasive is the hard fibrous product made from ground or crushed walnut shells. It is extremely durable, angular and multi-faceted, yet is considered a soft abrasive. Walnut Shell is ground to various sizes, allowing many types of use.
- Eco friendly: won’t harm surrounding vegetation.
- Gentle: clean soft surfaces without damaging substrate. Will not remove metal and leaves a smooth, dull finish.
- Non-toxic: organic, silica-free, and biodegradable, causing no health or environmental hazards.
- Minimal Containment: low dust, requiring little protection of surrounding area.
- Long-Lasting: durability allows for recycling multiple times.
- Selective Coating Removal: preserves underlying bases and primers while removing top coats.
- Cost Effective: reduces cycle time of finishing operations.
- Cleaning and Removing Coatings From Surfaces Without Etching, Scratching, or Marring Cleaned Areas
- Selective Coating Removal
- Aluminum, Brass, and Sheet Metal Cleaning
- Soft Metal, Fiberglass, Glass, Plastic and Other Surface Cleaning Where no Pitting is Desired
- Polishing and Cleaning of Fine Metals and Alloys
- Architectural Cleaning and Restoration of Buildings, Bridges, Monuments, and Masonry
- Paint Removal
- Graffiti Removal
- Engine and Transmission Cleaning
- Automotive and Boat Restoration
- Surface Prepping Metal for Paint